Abbi Hastings had never been fearless. She’d been firmly tangled in her small town roots her entire life until an unexpected inheritance provided her a chance to escape. As she took the only chance she’d have to get out, Abbi left all of the what if’s behind as she boarded the plane with her one way ticket to Los Angeles.
Relentless to not fail and fighting for her own independence, it all goes to hell when fate throws a curve in her path. Everything changed the day she accidentally falls into the arms of Ryan Dixon. The tall, dark eyed, and handsome CEO of LA’s hottest bodyguard service who is fighting his own dark demons.Can Abbi let go of her fears to take a leap of faith and allow Ryan to protect her? From what, she doesn’t yet know…
Buy Protect me
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
When I was younger I was never a fan of change. I had my mom fix me scrambled eggs before school every day, I literally picketed Christmas dinner the year my family started cooking steak and lobster(yeah I know… who would complain), and until I met my husband, who has a tendency to spoil me, I carried the same worn in fossil bag with every outfit.As I have gotten older however, I have not only accepted change but grabbed it by the horns and rode it down the streets screaming an old irish song of victory. I now have a tendency to eat chocolate cake for breakfast and yes I eat the steak and lobster at Christmas dinner.
We are all told when we are younger that we can be anything we want to be. But no one ever tells us how scary it is to make a choice. So with having the attention span of a two year old, I unfortunately have always had a hard time making decisions that would effect the rest of my life (Other than my husband, there was no thought in that decision), Through the years I have worked a multitude of different job titles, and have played around with different business ventures as well. I can honestly say that I can drive a million dollar forklift, while sewing a dress, and choosing the right shade of eye shadow for someones eye color.
One thing that has always stuck with me over the years is writing. Whether it be journaling, or short stories, the experiences that I took from all of the different things I have tried over the years have always been fuel to the fire. With my writing I can take journeys to anywhere in the world and experience anything I can possibly imagine. My favorite part is that the options are endless.
It was not until this year that I kicked self doubt in the ass and decided to take my writing to the public. I look forward to taking this journey and hope that I can say in a few years that I am a published author with multiple books on the NY Times best sellers list!
In the end I encourage you to follow your dreams, no matter how many you have. Try different things, and then try some more. And when you find something that makes your heart flutter stick with it through thick and thin. That will find you your own happily ever after.
Top 10 Book Boyfriends
1. Lieutenant Rorke– Act of Valor by Tom Clancy
2. Ripper- Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan
3. Mr. Tall, Dark, and F***able Gavin Blake- Collide Series by Gail McHugh
4. Drew Evans- Tangled by Emma Chase
5. Jared Kincaid- Jared (Book #2 of The Protectors Series) Teresa Gableman
6. James Canvendish– Mile High Series by R.K. Lilley
7. Dean Jacobs- Fate Interrupted by Kaitlyn Cross
8. William Hayward- Eden Trilogy by Nicole Williams
9. Patrick Hayward- The Patrick Chronicles by Nicole Williams
10. Mr. Darcy- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Top Ten Books
1. Act of Valor by Tom Clancy
2. Pulse by Gail McHugh
3. Jared by Teresa Gableman
4. The Promise by Kate Benson
5. Eternal Eden by Nicole Williams
6. Fissure by Nicole Williams
7. Fifty Shades by E.L. James
8. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
9. The Great Gastby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
10. Mile High by R.K. Lilley
1. I am an avid big game hunter. Elk, Moose, Bear, Deer, Hogs; you name it I hunt it. I am also an excellent marksman thanks to my dad and can accurately shoot up to 300yards.
2. I love to craft! I can sew, embroider, crochet, and paint. I can also keep a house, tend laundry, and cook dinner! Not to brag but I make an amazing pork roast with caramelized carrots on the side [Symbol] Dinner is at six!
3. I have twice in my life taken a road trip that consisted of being in a car for 27 hours! Once from North Florida (my hometown) to upstate New York, the second was from North Florida to my new home in Colorado Springs.
4. I am married to a sexy panty dropping US Navy Sailor. Those dress whites do it every time! I have never been more in awe than when I stood in the basin of the Naval Station and welcomed home the missile guided cruiser that had been home to 300+ sailors who’d been deployed in the Middle East for over 7 months. You stand on the dock surrounded by huge cruisers (ships) and as the returning ship comes into the basin all of the surrounding ships blast their horns randomly, welcoming them home. It’s an amazing thing to experience!
5. I often pitch match with my fab author friend Y.H. Forward because we enjoy making music with our mouths. We also enjoy quoting the entire Pitch Perfect movie on facebook. She’sAca-mazing even though we haven’t met in person!