Skye followed her long time boyfriend to Seattle for their first year of college, but he dumped her after only a week. The relationship brought only pain and destruction in Skye’s life, and yet, she can’t bring herself to open up and live her life.
“What if I am already broken into pieces?”
She hates to be touched, hiding under her oversized shirts and behind her wild frizzy hair. Even her bubbly roommate can’t reach her. And yet …
“I’m the guy who knows how you can hurt so much that your insides feel like they’re cut and bleeding.”
The tall, handsome, and tattooed TA in her psychology class changes everything when he literally collides with her and confronts her. For the first time in a long time, she wants to try and open up to this guy whose dark, intense eyes can’t hide his own pain despite his dazzling smile getting to her.
However, just when she’s starting to live again, her ex-boyfriend comes back, breaking her time and time again, making it all the more complicated.
She wants to fight for herself and for this building thing with the TA, even when he pushes her away, but can two broken people patch each other up?
“I never thought colliding with someone could change lives, but it is possible.”
* Due to some shocking scenes, this novel is for readers of 18 and up
This is an unbelievably amazing story. Stephanie was able to make me feel the pain of the broken and very hurt main characters. I found myself drawn into Skye and Duke’s painful life and wishing that they would just realize how much they need each other. This is a book that takes the reader on a very emotional roller coaster ride from the beginning right up until the last sentence. I found myself crying right along with the main characters. Stephanie took the subject of abuse and showed the reader how it affects everyone from the person being abused to their family, friends and their future. I will warn you though that the author doesn’t pull any punches addressing the issues, so be prepared.
Skye Walker is just a shell of the girl she used to be three years ago. She is a freshman at college, with no friends and no interest in letting anyone close to her again. That is until her Psychology TA, Duke runs into her and sees the pain and hurt in her eyes. He knows that she is hurting because of a tragedy in his past. Duke feels the need to protect Skye and help her to see that she is a valuable person. Skye’s ex boyfriend, Sean made her feel isolated and worthless so the very handsome TA has his work cut out for him. Skye also helps Duke start to become a whole person again. Along the way, they realize that not only are they friends but they have fallen in love with each other.
About the Author
2) Until I was fourteen, I wanted to be a paleontologist. It might be because I saw Jurassic Park when I was a kid. I was able to tell you which dinosaurs were living at which era. It was quite freaky, really.
3) I write Romance novels but I’m not the romantic kind of girl in real life. Not at all. There might be something to dig there in my weird brain.
4) I have a black humor I unleash only when I’m with people I’m close, otherwise I may be seen as a heartless girl. Or just plain crazy. But I’m telling you right away, I have a heart and it’s beating just fine.
5) When I was a little kid – way too young to watch it – I had a child crush on Noah Wyle playing Dr. Carter in the TV show ER. And when I say that I was too young… I’m born in 1989! I’m lucky that my mother explained to me the difference between fiction and reality and let me watch almost everything. And guess what I’m watching these days then? Falling Skies because he is in this show too. Yes, I am hopeless.
6) In the same idea, I had an obsession. For some years during my teenage days, I watched horror movies. When I watched The Exorcist for the first time – the old version – I laughed my ass off while my friends were freaking out. Never watch a horror movie with me or you will have a laughing idiot next to you during the whole thing.
7) I am afraid of planes. I don’t trust at all these flying machines. We don’t have wings so we should stick to the ground and rock it. Last time I took a plane – a three hour flight – I had my fingers digging in the seat in front of me. My body ached for days afterward, just because I was expecting the plane to crash. Like me hugging the seat in front of me would have saved me.
8) I’m a dog person. Cuddling with a dog is just so sweet when you’re not feeling good.
9) I’m an only child. I’m not sure, but I think it’s one of the reasons why I’m always in my bubble, making up stories in my head. I can’t tell you how many times I hit my head in stuffs, which may explain why I have so many quirks. Kidding. Sort of.
10) My very first and most important passion is writing. You would never believe how many stories are in my head, waiting to be written. It’s almost scary the mess in there. There will be some passionate love, some sweet love, some destructive love, forbidden love, impossible love, funny love, etc. If you are still here to read them, I’ll be busy for a while!
* 2 amazon gift cards – $10 each
* 2 ebooks of the winners’ choice from amazon up to $5
* 5 e-copies of Patch Up
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Patch Up Blog Tour Schedule
September 30 to October 13
Lola’s Reviews – Review & Guest Post
Nose Stuck in a Book – Spotlight
I Heart Books – Review & Spotlight
Literati Literature Lovers – Spotlight
Book Nerds Anonymous – Review & Guest Post
Smokin’ Hot Book Blog – Review
Reading In Twilight – Review & Author Interview
Bound 4 Escape – Review
Author Karen Swart – Review & Spotlight
Sassy Mum Book Blog – Spotlight, Top Ten
Paperrdolls – Review
A Simple Love of Reading – Author Interview
Book Crazy – Review
Bare Naked Words Review & Author Interview
Blissfulbookblog – Review
Rose & Beps Blog – Spotlight
Eclipse Reviews – Review & Spotlight
Nerd Girl – Review
The Phantom Paragrapher – Review
Lindsay and Janes Views and Reviews – Spotlight
Mean Girls Luv Books – Review
Bookalicious Traveladdict – Spotlight
I’ll Be Reading – Review
Booksessions – Character Interview
Once Upon a Coffin – Review
Living An Eternal Fairytale – Review
Have Book Will Read – Review
Darkmotive’s Books and More – Review & Spotlight
Life Becomes Me – Review
Scandalous Book Blog – Review
TeamNerd Reviews – Review & Spotlight
Books Books Books – Review
Fab Fun and Tantalizing Reads – Review & Spotlight &Top Ten
First Class Books – Review
Tammy’s Tea Time – Review
Mommy’s Late Night Book-up – Review
A Diary Of A Book Addict – Review
Book-Marks The Spot – Guest Post
A Love Affair With Books – Review
Crazy, Chaotic Book Babes – Review
Just Me,Myself, and I – Review
Bianca2b – Review
My Family’s Heart Book Reviews – Review & Spotlight & Author Interview &Top Ten
Whirlwindbooks – Review, Top Ten
Candy Coated Book Blog – Review, Spotlight
Random Jendsmit – Review, Spotlight, Author Interview
A Bookish Escape – Review
Bookmark Barbie – Spotlight and Review